“The Franciscan nuns from India who run the place make this Centre special. The sisters are encouraging of all Faiths, practices and developments as part of the whole, cultivating good for all and the planet.” Nilima Raichoudhury – Taoist Practitioner
As Franciscan Sisters our objective is to make Park Place into an open, outward-looking Centre for people of all Faiths and none. However, we try to live our lives, based on the Gospels and the socially-inclusive teachings of St Francis of Assisi. The pastoral care offered here is about being able to accompany people through times of sorrow and joy. It is about being fully present to them, helping them to deal with whatever situation they are facing, so that God’s love and care for them can be a focal point in their healing process.
So far we have welcomed Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus and other groups such as the Yoga groups, Health Care groups, School groups, Educational, Social, Psychological and all kinds of Therapy groups and also Arts and Crafts groups.
To this end, the Park Place community offers:
- – facilities and opportunities to all people, Christian and non-Christian, to grow in understanding of how they may contribute to the betterment of society.
- – a place of sanctuary, meditation and peace from the pressures of day-to-day life
- – support to local community organisations and individuals.
- – fundraising for poor and marginalised peoples in the developing world
- – collaboration with our local parish of Our Lady Star of the Sea to further the mission of the Diocese of Portsmouth.
- We work in a voluntary, unpaid capacity. All the income we receive is used for the upkeep of Park Place and for our Sisters’ projects helping disadvantaged groups in India, Ethiopia, Brazil and Tanzania. Park Place is a registered charity no. 250185